These kits are ready to ship now!
You should know how to do things like: use basic hand tools, power tools, paint, solder, work with low voltage and high voltage circuits.
Resolution: 0.1mm-0.08mm for the x and y. 0.1mm layer height for the z
This kit includes all the parts to build the printer except the projector and resin.
- Laser cut Birch wood frame.
- Custom pcb carrier board for the Arduino mcu and A4988 stepper driver.
- High precision linear slide
- High qualtity, external optics with an antireflective coating (You don't need to void your projectors warranty)
- Small vat (build area is 75mm x 75mm x 50mm deep)
- Medium vat (build area is 75mm x 75mm x 120mm deep)
- Aluminum build platform.
- FlashPoint™ printing software.
What else do I need to start printing? One of the following projectors and resin.
You will need to buy the projector. Printer specifications are based on the Acer X1240. These models fit the frame:
- Acer X1240 1024x768 2700 Lumens
- ViewSonic PJD6543 1024x768 3000 Lumens
- Hitachi CP-DX250 1024x768 2500 Lumens
- Acer H6510BD 1920x1080 3000 Lumens (Experimental: it is HD and will yield higher x and y resolution and will affect the print area)
Resin: The software is adjustable for may type of resin, here are two recommended brands.
- 3D Ink brand resin.
- MakerJuice G+
Why don't you sell the projector with the kit? I could but then I would have to mark it up and charge you more. 25 projectors is not enough to get a significant discount. If you buy it, then the warranty is in your name. If you can not get the projector locally, feel free to contact us and we will work something out.
Why don't you sell resin with the kit? Resin does have a shelf life. I have resin that I have been printing with for over a year but it does slowly get less reactive over time. You can pick the brand you want when your printer is assembled and ready. If you are overseas it would make more sense to go ahead and add the resin to your order.
Check out some of the prints on Thingiverse.com by going to http://www.thingiverse.com/Sedgwick/made
The software is written in .net and requires window. All the projectors have VGA and some have HDMI. Please check the model of projector you intend to buy. You need a computer that can 'extend the desktop' to the projector so that it looks like a second monitor. Windows starter does not have this option.
The power cord is NEMA 5-15 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEMA_connector#NEMA_5) to C14 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60320#C13.2FC14_coupler). EU/EC/APAC customers will need a converter or new power cord.
In order to print the full 3in x 4in x 5in you will need to include the large vat kit and 2 liters of resin.